As a trusted Chandler SEO company specializing in business and consumer services - SEO services, Sunlight SEO understands the importance of staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the digital landscape. In this article, we explore the topic of Google+ and its potential shutdown for small businesses in 2019.
The Evolution of Google+
Google+ was launched by Google in 2011 as a social networking platform to compete with the likes of Facebook and Twitter. It aimed to provide a space for users to connect, share, and engage with content. Over the years, it has undergone several transformations and updates.
However, in recent times, Google has announced its plans to shut down Google+ due to various reasons, including low usage and security vulnerabilities. While the main consumer version of Google+ will be discontinued, Google will continue to offer an enterprise version of the platform for businesses.
Impact on Small Businesses
For small businesses, the potential shutdown of Google+ raises concerns and questions about the impact on their online presence and digital marketing strategies. Although Google+ might not have been a primary social media platform for many businesses, it still held value in terms of search engine optimization (SEO) benefits.
Google+ had an influence on search rankings, as content shared on the platform had the potential to rank higher in Google's search results. It provided an additional avenue for businesses to showcase their expertise, engage with customers, and drive traffic to their websites.
If Google+ does shut down for small businesses in 2019, it is important for businesses to adapt their SEO strategies accordingly. While the direct impact might be minimal for businesses that primarily use other social media platforms, it is crucial to stay informed and make necessary adjustments for SEO success.
Alternative Strategies for SEO Success
In the wake of Google+'s potential shutdown, here are some alternative strategies for small businesses to maintain and improve their SEO efforts:
- Optimize Your Website: Focus on optimizing your website for search engines, including keyword research, meta tags, and high-quality content. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and provides a seamless user experience.
- Content Marketing: Invest in a comprehensive content marketing strategy. Create valuable and engaging content that appeals to your target audience. Leverage various content formats such as blog posts, videos, infographics, and podcasts to expand your reach.
- Local SEO: If you serve a specific geographical area, prioritize local SEO tactics. Claim and optimize your Google My Business listing, encourage customer reviews, and ensure accurate and consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone) information across online directories.
- Social Media Engagement: Instead of solely relying on Google+, diversify your social media presence. Engage with your audience on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Share valuable content, respond to comments, and actively participate in relevant discussions.
- Guest Blogging and Influencer Collaborations: Expand your online visibility by guest blogging on industry-related websites and collaborating with influencers in your niche. These partnerships can help increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and improve your overall SEO performance.
While the potential shutdown of Google+ might have an impact on small businesses operating in the digital landscape, it is important to remember that SEO success is not solely dependent on one platform. As a leading Chandler SEO company, Sunlight SEO emphasizes the need for businesses to adapt, evolve, and invest in comprehensive SEO strategies that encompass various aspects of digital marketing. Stay informed, stay agile, and maintain a competitive edge in the ever-changing digital world.